Welcome to my Transcribe Anywhere review. You probably came across Transcribe Anywhere while looking for a way to make money from home. I applaud you for doing your homework to see if Transcribe Anywhere is worth your time and money. There are so many systems/products online that claim you can make money with. Some are legit and many are not. Sometimes it is hard to know what is legit and what is not. This is why I write reviews. I want you to be able to make an educated buying decision.
Now let’s see if Transcribe Anywhere is good for you.
But wait…If you want to learn how to build a successful online business check out my #1 recommendation.
What is Transcribe Anywhere?
Transcribe Anywhere is a course created by Janet Shaughnessy,. When Janet’s husband became disabled she began to look for a way to make money from home. After going through difficulties and challenges she was able to find the lifestyle and balance she needed.
Janet is the owner of Zoom Transcription which offers professional transcription services. She has over 10 years of transcription experience and has created the only AAERT (American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers) approved online course called Transcribe Anywhere.
Transcription is the art of transforming audio, a song and/or video recordings into the written word.
How much does Transcribe Anywhere cost?
Janet offers two free mini-courses, one for General Transcription and one for Legal Transcription. I suggest you take these mini-courses. These courses are emailed to you over a 7 day period. This is not training that will teach what you need to know to make money transcribing.
It is a good overview of what to expect. Transcribe Anywhere is not cheap and does not give refunds so it is wise to check out the free mini-courses before you invest any money.
Below is a list of what is included in this free mini course.
- Learning about the instructor
- Who uses transcription services
- Whether transcription is good for you or not
- How your earnings are affected as a transcriptionist.
- Where does transcription work come from?
- Recommended list of things you need to get started.
Transcribe Anywhere offers to paid courses:
General Transcription -Theory and Practice
- One time fee of $597 for lifetime access which includes updated information and unlimited support or you can pay partial payments-
- $197 for 30-day access to modules 1 – 2 with limited support
- $362 for 60-day access to modules 1 – 4 with limited support
Module 1 – Laying the Foundation
- The Right Equipment for the Job
- General Transcription Style (Standard vs. Strict Verbatim)
- Types of General Transcription Jobs
- Formatting a Transcript
Module 2 – Essential Skills for Excellent Transcription
- Punctuation Makes Perfect
- Spelling: The Lost Art
- Transcribing Numbers
- Miscellaneous Transcription Conventions and Critical Thinking Skills
Module 3 – Time-Saving Tools for Efficient Transcription
- Using Text Expanders and Shortcut Keys
- Shortcut Keys for the Top 102 Most Frequently Used English Phrases
- Spell Check, Search & Replace, and Modern Usage Notes
- Commonly Used Transcriptionist’s Notes
- Using Transcription Templates (includes downloadable templates)
- Time Coding
Module 4 – Practice Dictations
- Level 1 Practice Dictations: Clear audio in simple, short videos
- Level 2 Practice Dictations: Audio-only Files; Non-American English
- Level 3 Practice Dictations: Transcribing “Strict Verbatim” Style
- Level 4 Practice Dictations: Transcribing Multiple Speakers
- Level 5 Practice Dictations: Semi-Poor Audio Quality & Research Skills
- Level 6 Practice Dictations: Working with Time Codes
- Level 7 Practice Dictations: Transcribing Poor Audio with Foreign Accents
Module 5 – Building Your Business
- Income Guidelines and Setting Your Rates
- Developing a Business Plan
- Customer Service Essentials
- Connecting with Clients
- SEO, PPC, AdSense and All the Rest
- Top Business Directories for Local Marketing
- Where to Find Contract Work
- Bonus Marketing Unit: exclusive how-to video content available to
Module 6 – Final Exam and Certification of Completion
Legal Transcription -Theory and Practice
- One time fee of $697 for lifetime access which includes future updates and unlimited support
or you can choose pay as you go…
- $197 for 30-day access to modules 1 – 4 with limited support
- $497 for 60-day access to modules 1 – 9 with limited support
Module 1 – Introduction to Legal Transcription
- Introduction and Welcome!
- Legal Transcription: Overview
- General Duties of the Legal Transcriptionist
Module 2 – Tools of the Trade
- The Right Equipment for the Job
- Typing for Speed and Accuracy
- Legal Transcription Style Guide
- Practice Transcription Exercise
Module 3 – Legal Terminology
- Legal Terminology
- Latin Legal Terminology
- More than 80 pages of legal terms and phrases in a downloadable and
- printable format.
Module 4 – Essential Skills for Legal Transcription
- Transcribing Numbers
- Abbreviations, Capitalization, and Punctuation for Legal Transcriptionists
Module 5 – Microsoft Word for Legal Transcriptionists
- Commonly Used Transcriptionists’ Notations
- Spell Check, Search + Replace, & Modern Usage Notes
- Shortcut Keys
- Screenshots and Video Tutorials
Module 6 – Legal Correspondence & Practice Dictation
- Introduction to Transcription in the Law Office
- Letters and Memos
- Transcribing EBTs (Examination Before Trial)
- Transcribing Attorney-Client Consultations
- Property Deeds
Module 7 – The Legal Process and Court Procedure
- Definition and Descriptions of Types of Law
- Steps in a Civil Case
- Steps in a Criminal Case
- Anatomy of a Court Transcript
Module 8 – Forms and Templates
- Sample Court Templates
- Numbered-Line Blank Pleading Paper (Template and Instructions)
- State & Federal Court Approved Legal Forms
Module 9 – Practice Transcription of Court Proceedings
- Transcription Guidelines for a Court Transcript (Includes Video Tutorial)
- Practice Trial Transcriptions
Module 10 – Depositions
- Guidelines for Transcribing Depositions (Includes Template)
- Deposition Practice Transcription Files
Is Transcribe Anywhere a Scam?
No, it is not a scam. It is a legit course that will teach you what you need to know to be a professional transcriber. You can learn at your own pace.
You will learn how to make money freelancing, working for a business or starting your own transcription business. Transcription is not a service you will get rich from. You will be trading your time for money.
There are certain variables involved which can affect how much you will make. Accuracy is important as well as listening skills. Speed plays a factor also. And the quality of your equipment could make a big difference.
The transcription business is not for everyone. You should take advantage of the free courses before you invest any time or money. You need to see if this is good for you. Only you can determine that. This is a comprehensive course that could take months to digest and implement.
Did you know you could build a successful online business around your passions/hobbies?
I wish you many blessings in whatever decision you make.
Feel free to share this review with anybody you think will benefit from it.
What’s on your mind? Any questions/comments? Post them below.