Welcome to my ChatShop review. I applaud you for doing your due diligence to see if Chatshop is worth your time. There are so many make-money-online products/systems that claim you can make money with. Some are legit and most are not. if you are new to how making money online works it could be hard to tell the difference.
This is why I write reviews. I want you to be able to make educated decisions before you waste your time or money.
With that said, let’s see if you can really make money chatting with strangers.
But wait… if you want to learn how to make real money online check out my #1 recommendation.
What is The Chat Shop?
The Chat Shop is based in the UK. It was founded in 2012 and has an international team.
The company hires people to work from home as chat agents for different companies. The company represents a large number of corporations from different industries. The job varies and includes customer support and sales. The company gives you training.
The company hires people from all over the world. But the company does not hire people from every state in the U.S. You would have to discuss that in the interview.
It requires you to be a native English speaker who has outstanding grammar, spelling and sentence structure. The company also wants you to be available to work 35 to 40 hours a week.
Here is a list of requirements to work for The Chat Shop.
- Native-level English with outstanding spelling and grammar skills and sentence structure
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Positive personality
- A great learner and inquisitive mind
- Strong ability to multi-task and stay focused in high-pressure situations- You could be chatting with several customers at one time, with various issues.
- Fast and accurate typing speed (80+ WPM)
- A distraction-free workspace
- Able to work 35-40 hours per week
The Chat Shop wants you to be able to multi-task rapidly and efficiently. Every workday is different. You are required to work with more than one company at a time. You have to know how to switch from one customer issue to another at the same time.
- Work from home
- no phone work required
- The average pay of $9.50/ hr
- work 20-40 hours per week
- Hired as a contractor if you don’t like in the UK
- no benefits
- no insurance
- Scheduling is not very flexible
- Paid once per month
Is The ChatShop a Scam?
The Chat Shop is not a scam. I have come across mixed reviews from people who work for the Chatshop. Here are some of the things I found out.
- The company is located in the UK, so, therefore, you will have to adjust your time schedule to UK time. It possible that most of the companies clients are located in the UK.
- You are expected to be able to handle multiple chats at one time.
- The training the company gives you does not cover the various situations you will find yourself in on a day to day basis. You will have to research to find answers for the customer.
- The schedule is not flexible. The company can change your schedule at any time.
- Some of the company’s clients have bad reputations. So you may get upset customers calling about not getting what they paid for.
If you are hired and live in the UK you will be an employee. If you live elsewhere you would be considered an independent contractor. As an independent contractor, you are responsible to pay taxes on the money you make.
The company will not give you any benefits. You don’t get any holiday pay. Or overtime. If this is important to you then maybe you should reconsider applying.
How to Apply to Become a Chat Agent?
In order to be a Chat Agent with ChatShop, your typing speed should be at least 65+ WPM, with 97% accuracy (test your typing speed here)
If your typing speed is up to par email your CV and your complete responses to the following statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I would make a great part of the team because…
- I am most interested in learning…
- I think I can teach you…
- A perfect live chat is one which…
You will receive paid training. The pay is $10 an hour. And you get paid monthly.
Once your application has been accepted, you will be offered a live chat interview, followed by a mini-assessment and a phone interview.
If you are offered a position the company will do reference checks.
If you think you meet the requirements to become a chat agent, go for it. Apply and see what happens. Keep in mind the time difference since the company is based in the U.K. And also if you are hired you will not be considered an employee. You are an independent contractor.
There is another way to make money online. Have you ever heard of affiliate marketing?
Take a look at the video below about affiliate marketing.
Did you know you learn how to build a successful online business with affiliate marketing? Check out my
#1 recommendation. It is an online training platform called Wealthy Affiliate and it free to try.
Wealthy Affiliate will teach you how to build a successful online business around your passion/hobby.
Think about it. What is your passion/hobby? What do you do in your spare time for relaxation? Do you love to knit? Are you into sports for example soccer? Do you have a love for cats?
No matter what your passion is you can learn how to build a full-time online business with it using affiliate marketing.
Many people have the same passions you have. With your online business, you could help these people with problems they may have. You will suggest products to them and earn a commission when they purchase.
I hope you have found value in this review.
I wish you much success with whatever you decide to do.
Feel free to post any questions/comments below and share!
Let’s Make Money Online!