Everybody wears t shirts. Many of us have several favorite t shirts we wear often. It’s no wonder why you chose to start a T shirt business. This is a recession proof business. That’s one of the reasons why I started a t shirt business. T shirts will never go out of style. And they are not expensive.
But I must tell you it’s not easy. It takes dedication, passion and work to have a successful t shirt business. Or any successful business for that matter. If you’re that type of person who gives up easily when something unfortunate happens, than any business may not be for you.
You need to be able to take the hits and keep on fighting til you win. No matter how long it takes. You want to know why? Because it’s worth it.
Making the T Shirts
You may already have an idea on how you are going to make the t shirts. Maybe you’re already doing it as a hobby. If that’s the case you probably have all the equipment you need to take your hobby to the next level. If not, the following is a small list of techniques on how to decorate your t shirts.
Do it yourself.
You would probably rather design your own t shirts. You don’t need to have graphic design skills to design a t shirt. I don’t know the first thing about designing but I have managed to put together designs and have made sales. And I thought, wow, someone really liked it. It’s an awesome feeling.
- Embrodiery machines are not expensive.
- Have multi functions.
- Gives a professional appearance.
- Can be used with different materials
- The ink lasts a long time
- More for large orders
- Professional look
- Has a learning curve
- Not enviromentally friendly
- Great quality. Transfers are screen printed onto a stable release paper. You apply the heat transfers using a heat press machine. An household iron with not work.
- Affordable. By using gang sheets (a sheet printed with multiple images) and quantity price breaks, you can save money by using transfers.
- Ability to print shirt when ordered.
Heat Stock Transfer vendors
- Vinyl material is cut on a vinyl cutter, then weeded and heat applied to a garment with a heat press machine.
- Look/Feel- Acheive different looks and feel depending on the type of vinyl used.
- Great for small orders and personalization.
- Great durability. Get a professional look.
Pay someone to design
- Fivver is a good place to find someone to design your t shirts. Just make sure you keep the rights to the design. Have the designer sign a form stating that.
Professional screen printer
You give the screen printer the design and tell the printer how many shirts you want printed. This can be an expensive way to go. The more colors the design have the more it will cost to print. This is not feasible and unless you have money to buy different sizes and colors of shirts to print.
What’s Your Niche?
You may have hear about “niche.” What is you niche regarding your t shirt business? Do you want to sell christian t shirts? There are many animal lovers out there. Do you want to sell pet t shirts? Or maybe car t shirts. In order to make money it’s best to narrow your designs down to a certain niche instead of having many different designs of differrent topics.
When you have a niche is it easier to market your business. You will know who your target market is and advertise your business to them. For an example, let’s say your niche about dog t shirts. You can narrow down that niche to a particular breed of dog like a pug for instance. There are websites dedicated to pug owners. If you put your t shirt designs in front of them they are sure to buy. That goes for all niches.
Is a Website Needed?
Yes. Deifinitely yes. It’s needed if you want online presence. It’s needed if you want your business to grow to a full time business. Having a website is all a part of having a business from home. When you have a website you can showcase your t shirt designs.
Now let’s say your niche is pug t shirts, on your website you can write articles pertaining to pugs. Maybe through research you find out people are looking for solutions to certain problems with their pugs. You can write articles about solving the problems and within those articles you may suggest products or services to them. If the reader purchases through your website using an affiliate link of yours, you get paid. This is called affiliate Marketing.
Check out this video on Affiliate Marketing
There are so many ways to make money with your own t shirt website. If you would like to know more check out my #1 Recommendation.
I wish much success with your business.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this blog,
But they should be relevant to the post topic and useful to the readers.